What do you think about plastic waste management ?
Festival is the time which ends with serious and high plastic waste generation.
It’s the time when pollution is at its peak. But is taking a halt at celebration possible or practical every time?
But by adopting a few practices during festivals can positively impact both human and environmental health.
Here is how you can make a change—
- Use long trash can liners for safe and hygienic waste disposal.
- Switch to greener options for gifting. For instance—Using canvas bag for giving gifts.
- Using recyclable plastics like HDPE or LLDPE for food takeaways.
- Using biodegradable substitution to one-time plastics.
- Ensuring separate disposal of dry and wet waste.
- Provide separate bins for disposal as per recyclable products.
- Serving food with reusable plates and cups.
- Using PP vacuum or sealed bags for avoiding food wastage and preservation.
What do you think about plastic waste management as a prerequisite during festivals? What is your approach?
#kavimports #wastemanagement #festival #plastics